Mental Health Association of Orange County


FLOC members began 2011 by gathering at Villa Nova’s in Newport Beach to learn more about the Mental Health Association of Orange County.  FLOC member and MHA Board Member Wade Slome began the evening by sharing his on personal experience with the issue and encouraged others to get involved with the organization.  Sandy Cusmano, MHA’s Director of Development shared the MHA mission, vision and role in the community.  Darlene Powell ended the evening by sharing her experience of working for MHA and dealing personally with mental illness.

Two weeks later 35 FLOC members played a fun softball game with MHA clients from the group “What Ever It Takes” (WIT).  The game was followed by a nice BBQ in the park.

What you find with the mentally ill is that they can lead really productive and fulfilling lives when they get the proper treatment.”  Wade Slome, FLOC Professional Member and MHA Board Member


The Mental Health Association of Orange County is dedicated to improving the quality of life of Orange County residents impacted by mental illness through direct service, advocacy, education and information dissemination.

MHA is a non-profit 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. MHA currently operates from four service centers. All of our programs serve adults with severe and persistent psychiatric disorders. Our annual budget is approximately $7.5 million. Our recent independent audits indicate that our administrative and fund raising expenses are just 8% of our total annual budget. With the other 92% of our funds we serve over 19,000 Orange County residents each year.

Visit the "Mental Health Association of Orange County" website

Our SponsorsSee All