Neighborhood Housing Services
Neighborhood Housing Services of Orange County strenghtens communities and enhances the quality of life for working families by expanding housing opportunities, promoting sound financial management and encouranging civic engagement.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Orange County has also enjoyed remarkable success in turning marginal neighborhoods into attractive, desirable and affordable places to live by developing and preserving quality residential housing.
With the ever-increasing and critical demand for affordable housing in the county, NHS OC programs and services are becoming more important. We are committed to:
- Developing and funding new loan programs to meet our clients needs as they strive to become homeowners.
- Expanding our home ownership education and counseling programs to include post purchase education, financial literacy and the dangers of predatory lending.
- Increasing our homeowner rehab loan program to help enhance neighborhoods and maintain property values.
- Expanding our outreach programs such as Pride Days, Home Safety Fairs and Rosie’s Garage to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods and communities.
- Developing new affordable housing and preserving existing housing.
- Identifying new neighborhoods and markets that will benefit from our programs